Kinetic Forum
Please log in to post on our forum!
Kinetic Forum
Please log in to post on our forum!
Kinetic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go back to main websiteHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kinetic Energy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aragorn
Commissioner
Commissioner
Aragorn

Kinetic Energy Empty
PostSubject: Kinetic Energy   Kinetic Energy Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:21 am

Ok guys lets hope I can get this right. Setting is 2010. When you introduce your character its your choice how you do it. Your chapter is really your chapter. Be whoever you want.

Ch. 1

He awoke to the sound of the alarm, as he had every day of his adult life. His long hair was matted to his face, and he needed to shave badly. He shuffled downstairs and peered blindly into the refrigerator and grabbed some eggs. He decided that sunny side up was the way to go this morning… again. That was how he liked it, two eggs sunny side up and a cup of coffee. He settled down at the table with his food and switched on the TV. Aragorn McKnight was having a typical Sunday morning.

“… In other news Calamity Inc. makes an amazing discovery: an ancient Artifact buried deep within the ice of Antarctica. The artifact‘s origins are yet unknown…”, the TV buzzed on. He switched it off and cleaned up the mess of breakfast. Then headed for the shower. 15 minutes to cleanse the sleep and grime from himself. He peered into the mirror. His collage years had left him in good shape. although his desk job had caused his muscles to lose some of their tone. Aragorn took a quick glance at the phone receiver. ‘1 new message’, it read. He played it while he donned his fresh clothes.
“…Aragorn … we need your help. You will be contacted by someone who can be trusted.”, the voiced was masked by static. He had paused with his shirt halfway over his head when the strange garbled voice said his name. Who was this person? Aragorn checked called ID. A restricted number.
“No matter.”, he said to himself, put on his shoes and headed out the door. He hopped into his Blue striped 1967 Shelby GT500; a classic. A nice Sunday drive in a beautiful car was a welcoming thought after his week of monotonous paperwork.
“Damn, I forgot my keys…”, Aragorn mumbled to himself as he headed back in to grab them.

Upon his return he jumped at the sight of a guest in the passenger seat of his car.
“Don’t be alarmed,” she said, “You were informed of a contact. Please get into the car Mr.McKnight.”
“What? Who the hell are you, and what are you doing in my car? You’re gonna’ answer my questions right now before I call the police! Were you the person who left me that message?”
“I promise you that I will explain all of this later, but right now Aragorn, I need you to get into your car and drive. Or both you and I will die very, very soon.”, Aragorn’s mysterious visitor said to him. She hadn’t moved an inch yet.
“Look,” Aragorn said, “I don’t know if this is some kind of weird ass pickup or what, But I’m calling the police.” He turned for the door back into the house, but before he could enter the girl in his car turned and said to him, ”In 30 seconds a group of dangerous men are going to burst into your home. They are going to kill anyone they find. Please, get into the car, and drive away from here.” Aragorn looked down the street. There were two black vans speeding in his direction with tinted windows. He looked back at her, into her eyes and felt that he could trust here. At least about the thugs.
“I have a bad feeling about this..,” he mumbled to himself as he jumped into the drivers seat, turned the key and revved car roared to life.

Aragorn fishtailed out of his drive way and pulled a hard left turn. “They see you Aragorn, you need to go much faster if you wish to live through this day.”, the girl said. Sure enough the vans were accelerating. Aragorn pulled another left running down a mailbox and shredding a good portion of a freshly cut lawn. “You had better not be bull shitting!”, he yelled over the squeal of his tires as he floored the gas.
“You have something that they believe is theirs.”, the girl said. In the midst of the recent chaos, she had calmed down. How strange.
When Aragorn glanced back in the mirror he saw the two black vans had joined up with two black Corvettes. So much for a leisurely Sunday drive. Into the city he sped, in hopes that he could lose them in the traffic. Frantically he weaved in between cars and taxis, yet his pursuers still gave chase.
"when I give the word, pull a hard right and tap your brakes ok?", The girl said, "OK??"
"Yeah, yeah i heard!!"
The girl pulled out a hand gun, a Desert Eagle, and shot out a semi tuck tire. "Now!" came the command. the truck swerved left, Arargorn skidded right. His yes were clamped shut as he flew under the trailer, ripping off his roof scoop. The Cobra abruptly slammed into a wall of cars. many cars were piling up on the crashed truck. the air was filled with screeching of tires and the honking of horns. Sirens already could be heard.
"Now get out of the car, quick and follow me!", the girl commanded. Aragorn did as she bade him. They zipped in between cars and down an alley. They scaled a fence and hopped the trash strewn about the alleys.
"Stop!", Aragorn gasped, he was bent over panting,"You probably killed someone back there! You destroyed my car!"
"What I did was save you, and save me. I might have saved many more as well."
"How can you justify the death of innocents?", he asked her. He looked he right in the eye, "Eh? How?"
"If Calami-", she began.
"Calamity!", Aragorn interceded, "You are trying to tell me that an Archeologist foundation hired thugs to burst into my home and murder me? This is crazy! I should have called the cops on you!"
"Listen to me Aragorn!", she grabbed his arms with impressive force, "They weren't after you specifically, they wanted what you have. They wanted your ENERGY. You heard of this recent dig that Calamity funded yes? The artifact Aragorn! It needs energy, OUR energy!"
"What is Christsname are you talking about?!" Aragorn wriggled free of her grasp. His body was covered in a light sheen of sweat. She as barely phased.
"Listen! All of the decedents of the makers of the artifact were born with the key to unlocking it's power. If ever they assembled in the midst of the artifact and channeled their ENERGY into the artifact, it would break the seal of Balrog. With his power the entire world could be conquered. Aragorn, this isn't the time to discuss this! Come with me back to the warehouse! Calamity is still about and they are hunting us Aragorn."
Aragorn's mind swirled with her tale. Why would she lie about this whole ordeal? Could it be true? Could Calamity Incorporated, the archeologist foundation really be a conquest bent Empire? He doubted it all, nonetheless he nodded agreement to his nameless savior. Off they tread, deeper into the concrete jungle, to safety.

P.S ugh. I wrote this pretty late so lets overlook the countless grammatical and spelling errors that you come across. I left the girl nameless and with no description so someone could possibly follow that character instead of making a new one. If no one wants her I will give her a name and a story in the next chapter I write. Please do comment on what you think. But leave comments in the Poll thread, I would like to reserve this one to chapters.

Last edited by Aragorn on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Swiiss
Marshal
Marshal
Swiiss

Kinetic Energy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Energy   Kinetic Energy Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:35 am

I'm impressed O.o
Back to top Go down
BurstPhoenix
Commissioner
Commissioner
BurstPhoenix

Kinetic Energy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Energy   Kinetic Energy Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Is this it? This the story? No one has touched it in over a month O_O. Well if anyone wants it continued, then I will volunteer. If not then this thread is basicly taking up space and should be deleted.
Back to top Go down
QueadluunRau
Executor
Executor
QueadluunRau

Kinetic Energy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Energy   Kinetic Energy Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:47 am

Dead threads stay dead, necro-threading not ftw. :sleep:
Back to top Go down
Aragorn
Commissioner
Commissioner
Aragorn

Kinetic Energy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Energy   Kinetic Energy Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:45 pm

yeah people said that they would do it, but never followed through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kinetic Energy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Energy   Kinetic Energy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinetic Energy
Page 1 of 1