Kinetic Forum
Please log in to post on our forum!
Kinetic Forum
Please log in to post on our forum!
Kinetic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go back to main websiteHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Next TW target: Vanquish

Go down 
+12
Castieal
myseriousstranger
Jezzebell
Aiden
SoulSuckHer
RedSpirit
Psilo
Loor_Lakal
SmexiLexi
Jazalyn
Battlefield
LordTalos
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Will u be @ TW vs. Vanquish this Weekend?
1-Yes
Next TW target: Vanquish Vote_lcap69%Next TW target: Vanquish Vote_rcap
 69% [ 9 ]
2-Maybe
Next TW target: Vanquish Vote_lcap31%Next TW target: Vanquish Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
0-No
Next TW target: Vanquish Vote_lcap0%Next TW target: Vanquish Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

Next TW target: Vanquish Empty
PostSubject: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:35 pm

We had a lot of fun in last week's TW. This week will be our first "Real" one. If the bidding goes according to plan, we will be attacking the territory currently held by Vanquish. Vanquish is probobly the weakest of the factions that currently hold land, this doesnt mean that this will be easy by any means, however. We will need everyone that possibly can to show up. Having enough numbers is our biggest issue.

Im ready to start working on squad assignments and devising a strategy for taking Vanquish down. I need a hand from all of y'all tho. Everyone post wether or not they will be able to make it. 1-TW 2-maybe 0-noTW

Last edited by LordTalos on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=10000
Battlefield
Executor
Executor
Battlefield

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:11 am

Yes for me.
Back to top Go down
Jazalyn
Commissioner
Commissioner
Jazalyn

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:56 am

Yes for me ^.^ cute
Back to top Go down
SmexiLexi
Executor
Executor
SmexiLexi

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:57 am

once again i must replay as Maybe defeated

But I am pretty sure that it will turn into a no cause of work bawling

Why cant anything be done Mid week crying
Back to top Go down
Loor_Lakal
Leader
Leader
Loor_Lakal

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:06 am

yupyup i'll be there
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/KalinaSei
Psilo
Executor
Executor
Psilo

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:07 am

Yes tor me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:25 am

cause PWI only does TW's on fri, sat, and sun =( sorry lexi
Back to top Go down
RedSpirit
Commissioner
Commissioner
RedSpirit

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:16 am

1 = yes for me unless it is later on Sat then I won't be able to.

We also need to work on TT's to get our mats for weps and armors.

I have a lot of friends in Vanquish and I know they r all VERY well equiped.

That is the other faction I was considering when I left my faction.

So we need to get cracking on our mats ppl!!

Battle and I were discussing an archer sqd with a cleric and bm.

Archers use boa and cleric heals while bm stuns. That might be a good strategy. No catapults for me next time.
Back to top Go down
SoulSuckHer
Executor
Executor
SoulSuckHer

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:51 am

Todd...Is there a way in game to look up when the times of our TW battle is.

That would really help me be able to say yes or no.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Aiden
Commissioner
Commissioner
Aiden

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:41 pm

I think i can, I think I can, I think I can......ohh crap I cant 4 am for me is sleeping hour not playing PWI beat down
Back to top Go down
Jezzebell
Commissioner
Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Yes from me.
Back to top Go down
myseriousstranger
Commissioner
Commissioner
myseriousstranger

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Don't forget to try and find someone who can record it. It may not seem like much but someone with a good system should try and record the battle so you can adapt yourselves to cover up your weaknesses in the future and take the strengths of those you defeat. Never know what tactics they use that youll notice only after the battle from watching the video. Of course that's just an idea from your everyday stranger. *Fades into the shadows*
Back to top Go down
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:03 pm

I agree Red, Id like to spend the week working on TT runs, I think we could all use em. As far as Heal's request of looking up TW times, all we know is that it will be friday, saturday, or sunday untill the bids are closed, then PW assigns a time and day.

An archer, BM, cleric squad? Sounds pretty good, i was thinking of something similar. Last time there wasnt any strategy utilized really cause the idea was to just get in there and see what it was all about. Rest assured we will have a good strategy when we go into this one. I've been spending all my spare time reviewing TW video and reading guides to help come up with a winning strategy. Once we see who all we have participating, we can hammer out a strategy.
Back to top Go down
myseriousstranger
Commissioner
Commissioner
myseriousstranger

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Then remember the simple rule of the marshmellow. Make something that has a solid form yet can be twisted, smashed, or pulled.

Twisted: Able to rearrange the locations of a selection less portions fall from a lack of power required.

Smashed: Able to be pushed back in parts where it "Can" Be pushed back only to puff back up again later.

Pulled: Able to extend it's reach forward while knowing it's limits before being torn.

Though I am guessing you've already got plenty of that down. This is just me rambling I suppose. HA!

*Quickly disappears into a nearby crack in the wall*
Back to top Go down
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Ok i got a yes from purplepowerX. He cant get to the forums, but will be @ TW

ditto for:
Falcore
RoyalLife
Nasira
rimKJR
BowNarrow (i assume)

Maybe for:
Castieal

No for:
Datung
Manila

So by my count that puts us @ 13 yes, 3 maybe, and 2 No

I'd like to see 30 ppl. We got 109 members... Every1 needs to speak up! lol

Last edited by LordTalos on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Castieal
Commissioner
Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:46 pm

I will most likely be able to help if i can.
But I can't make any promises. :O
Back to top Go down
CrazyToo
Commissioner
Commissioner
CrazyToo

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Depends on the day and time. If its Saturday night I can't.....Alice in Wonderland is out this weekend... Very Happy

But let me know beforehand and I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Battlefield
Executor
Executor
Battlefield

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:43 pm

I asked Tiffany_Hubb.. she says she's "fairly sure" she'll make it.

I asked Hydra and he says no if it's on Friday.. But if it's on Saturday or Sunday, they should be able to make it. ('They' being him and Lika).
Back to top Go down
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:12 am

so assuming it falls on saturday or sunday we have 18 positive's... GoGoGo 30
Back to top Go down
Telecaster
Commissioner
Commissioner
Telecaster

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Ima say yes.. er 1. Kinda hard to determine with a 3 day window but put me down as a 97% probability of gettin lit up by a toon 20 lvls > me.
Back to top Go down
Battlefield
Executor
Executor
Battlefield

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Also Solcitse said s/he can come as well and if anyone needs Apo items made s/he will be gladly to help.
Back to top Go down
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 pm

mmk, we're over 20 now... time to discuss some strategy

I've led wars in other games such as GW, WoW, and others but im a noob to TW, so any input from our more experienced players would be appreciated.

Before we even begin, its very important for everyone to remember, we will definately be outnumbered in this fight, and possibly out geared, but if we fight a smart fight, we have a chance.

So far here's what im thinkin...
For Defense, we need a handfull of archers or wizzies teamed with a bm n cleric. Post archers on the wall, cleric can safely heal from inside the walls. BM should b available to stun and control anyone that gets inside. Im thinking 2 squads similar to this to hold our base.

At least for now, i think barbs should be pullin the cata's. They are usually put on cata duty cause they can take the hits... of course, the opponent will be expecting the barbs to have the cata's so they will be big targets. I dont know that it will serve us well to switch this up at this time (we need to get the basics down before getting tricky). I would like to use the veno's as sweepers, especially if they have a nice flying pet (i.e. nix). By sweepers, i mean that i would like them to fly and scan the battlefield between the bases picking off who they can. A flying veno with a nix, should be able to cause enough havoc with the opponents moving back n forth.

That leaves everyone else to attack. The remaining BM's, psy's, sins, and overflow archers n such.

Im unsure of the best way to deal with the opponent's towers. I would like some input on this.

HDT had a very effective method of shutting us down once they got in the walls. They basicly set up a zhen squad aimed at the stairs beneath the respawn point. I really like this method from what ive seen, that means, however, that we cant have all our archers and wizzie's in the base defending... Perhaps, if and when we get inside the walls, we can send word back to once of the defense squads and one of them can come forward and zhen the respawn point. Likewise, IF we are able to take an attacking stance and have them in their base, the sweepers could thin out and come on the offensive... i hesitate to say that, because we still need eyes on the battlefield (not our beloved barb XD) to watch for a counter offensive.

Speaking of counter offensives... if we get pinned in out base again like last time, i think it is important that we at least make an attempt at a counter offensive. We wont have the numbers to hold them off, so we need to find a way to make them pull back. At the end of the TW with HDT, i discovered that i could get off the platform by running off to the side, dont use the stairs. I made it outside our gates and was working on a barb with a cata when the fight ended. If we can get a small squad togather and slip out of the base, we can eleviate some pressure by taking out the cata's then maybe even mounting a small offensive on their base, at least enough to make them pull some ppl back. If we want to attempt to go this route, then we need to set one of the attack squads up to be able to do this from the start. I think this squad should include a couple of assassins due to their ability to go invisable and help them slip out. The other members should look into getting some of the apoth that grants invisibility.

So based off this, we will need a minimum of 2 defense squads stacked with archers and wizzies, 1 to 2 sweeper squads (can b smaller squads of 3 to 4), and i would like 3 attack squads each with a barb n catapult (one of which being setup as a counter attack squad). With 5-6 members per squad that means we really need 32+ Of course if we had more, i'd love more attack and defense squads.

As I said... Im still a noob to TW so please help me flesh this out... i want to hear all ideas, then i will begin to flesh out the squad assignments.
Back to top Go down
Battlefield
Executor
Executor
Battlefield

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Ok, I said before about "invisible" apo pots, I lied. It seems there's a apo pot to SEE invisible people. Guess I mis-read/understood in EQ faction chat >_>

We don't have "a bunch" of wizzies, maybe like 1-2 (one that is for sure going). We do in fact have a lot of archers that can do that sniper/aoe tactic that we saw HDT do on us.

We probably have one Veno in faction with a nix (I think it was Alice?) and 2 with Hercs. I would really recommend every Veno that doesn't' have a nix or Herc to get a high level flying pet. They can pick at people from the air letting their target only be able to attack pet (unless ofc they start to fly, which they won't if they have others on them).

But the strategy sounds good, I've gone to plenty of TWs but never had to make up a strategy, I just went along with it xD
We should start making a lot of damage reduction apo, especially for barbs/bms. A lot of anti-stun apos for our sniper/aoe squad, so enemy bms can't drop our aoe with their stuns. And hp recovery apo for those that will get hit the most but don't have charms. If anyone has those annoying big flying pet, use it in TW instance. It makes it harder for people to click on you. Now since the updates, it's easier since they can just click on that stupid circle and get the pet's owner, but that means more work on their part.
Back to top Go down
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Thanks for the input Battle... the no invisble pots is a bit of a let down, but no biggie...

Yeah, i was afraid of that with the nix's but a good flyer will be effective enough especially against the ones pullin the cata's cause they sure arent gonna fly and loose their cargo.
Back to top Go down
shadowbludd
Marshal
Marshal
shadowbludd

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:20 am

i need to max my roar of pride >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next TW target: Vanquish   Next TW target: Vanquish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next TW target: Vanquish
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kinetic Forum :: Kinetic Members :: Faction Events-
Jump to: