Attention all Venos!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

Attention all Venos!! Empty
PostSubject: Attention all Venos!!   Attention all Venos!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:29 pm

During the multitude of recent TT runs, it has come to my attention that there is a basic veno skill that most veno's seemed to have missed somehow. I've seen it in faction runs as well as random runs.

When using a magmite or any of the other "tank-type" pets, you have to be careful not to steal the aggro from the barb. Skills such as Bash and Flesh Ream are designed to hold a mobs aggro and keep it off of you. This is great if you are solo'ing, but when you are squaded, it makes life tough for the barb who is trying to hold the aggro. This doesn't mean, however, that these pets can't be used in squads, it just means that you need to be sure you know how to turn this skill off.

You will notice that the first skill in your pet's skill bar (Bash for magmites) has a gold ring around it. This indicates that this is the default skill your pet will use. If you right-click on another skill it will make that skill the default for this fight... Problem solved. Keep in mind though, that the gold ring will move back to Bash when you get into the next fight.

As a second note, a veno really should have a minimum of four pets. You need a Tank, a puller, a water pet, and an air pet. It appears that most veno's skip the puller. This is a very important pet to have if you plan on doing squad instances often. While a mag is a great tank, it is a horrible puller. They are way to slow. Before they can get to the target to aggro it, they often get killed by the other mobs' magic attacks, leaving you feeling very frustrated after trying to pull a mob 5 times and failing. There are several good pulling pets out there. Probobly the best is a rare pet know as a kowlin. This pet is VERY fast, but it is also very expensive. My personal preferance is a snow hare or froggie because they are both pretty quick and have high mDef. They can also be utilized at a low level (9 for frog and 20 for hare), and thus leveled along with you. Ultimately it is your choice what pet you use, just try to find one with a speed over 7 and good defence stats. Some prefer to use a ranged pet such as a cactopod or eldergoth for a puller, while i have read that this can be a very successful method, i have yet to try it personally, so i'll leave that to you.

I hope this information is helpful to our faction venos... GL HF
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=10000
Bleach
Commissioner
Commissioner
Bleach

Attention all Venos!! Empty
PostSubject: pulling   Attention all Venos!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:46 pm

I just want to add the value of the eldergoth sharpshooters, lvl 41/42 monkey, when bash is turned off they default to ranged atk. This ranged atk makes it very useful for pulling.
Back to top Go down

Attention all Venos!!
Page 1 of 1