Kinetic Forum
Please log in to post on our forum!
Kinetic Forum
Please log in to post on our forum!
Kinetic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go back to main websiteHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Impact of Neve's leaving

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

Impact of Neve's leaving Empty
PostSubject: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 pm

It's my understanding that Neve maintains this website. If that is the case, is this site still going to be functional for us with Neve leaving? If it turns out that we need to look at other options, I have a couple of ideas/suggestions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=10000
Loor_Lakal
Leader
Leader
Loor_Lakal

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:35 pm

yea talos, the others, including me, who are taking care of the site will keep everything running
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/KalinaSei
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:08 am

cool... I dont know why I thought this was Neve's site =/
Back to top Go down
Aiden
Commissioner
Commissioner
Aiden

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:56 am

I know why Very Happy because she bug you to check the site and the forum :lol: :lol: but the main reason is because Mom start the building of this website. So there is your answer :lol:
Back to top Go down
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:51 pm

I See said the blind man to the deaf man....
Back to top Go down
Thiele
Commissioner
Commissioner
Thiele

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:55 pm

We also might need to remake threads that Nev had control of. Like the fb squad one. :(
Back to top Go down
Swiiss
Marshal
Marshal
Swiiss

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:49 pm

yea talos, no worries. I've got all the info for updating the site so it'll get done whenever i'm not feeling lazy.

:blink:
Back to top Go down
LordTalos
Director
Director
LordTalos

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 pm

I shoulda know y'all would have everything covered already. Tell ya what, I wont worry about anything unless y'all tell me to worry...lol :oops:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Hey guys! Pull up a chair, for as always I got lots to say!! 😊

Hehe...well I am not really worries about the websites direction personally, but ..even with Swiiss' assurances and Talos backing off...I'll throw my hat in the ring and offer my assistance as well.

I was wondering what you thought about me being one of the top level website administrators? take a little time to read the rest of this windy post before ya make your decision hehe. 💫

I am not looking to take over, but rather share the duties with website leaders. The reason I ask first off, is because I can see a few moderating duties that need to be cleaned up ..such as faction members that no longer exist, topic integration and stuff like that. Secondly, considering this is a leadership section, I don't think I should have had access to this area. I didn't even realize I had access and had planned to post all this in our members area. A clean website equals a busy website; members tend to stray and avoid the site when things get discombobulated (messy and unorganized.) I am not saying it's all screwed up, but I remember one of our officers mentioning they need to remember doing a membership cleanup on forums and it's still not been done ;) .

You'd be surprised at how fast things can get out of hand. IF I understand correctly, we as a faction, plan/hope to get into Territory Wars eventually and that will require a large membership. That will create an increasingly active website. Now is the time to get into the habit of more attentive website management. Don't get me wrong..none of this is a complaint at all. I think you all are great and my only hope is to be able to offer my assistance and to help lighten up the load on the officers. As long as a good portion of you all stay in Kinetic, I see myself staying here a good long time =) I've been looking for a new game to get absorbed in.

Also there are ways to make sub category of memberships, so we don't have to kick friends, like CrazedToo for example, from the website and forum posting abilities. And of course ways to categorize various features so our members can not only get to know one another, but also learn things about the game. Some of us members will come up with really good walkthroughs or information that can eventually use up our server restrictions/bandwidth limits if proper permissions are not set. I've seen crappy things happen to good guilds; from simple situations as forum hijacking by immature players to crashed servers, information lost, hacked servers outta jealousy, and weeks of server downtime due to bandwidth violations that could be avoided with diligent attention. It may sound extreme, but it does happen.

I've always enjoyed mutli-tiered collaboration for a faction/guild/clan and one of my favorite parts was being part of the out of game aspects of gaming and especially website administration. I wouldn't do any drastic changes without consent of course and I know how to do offline changes with a mirrored version of website on my hard drive and then screen shots for officer approval before any extreme modifications or visual changes. I login daily many times a day/night/early morning <it varies because of health issues I am not working atm. That is good for us, since our faction covers just bout every time-zone around the world> I am very creative, have a good eye for balanced aesthetics, and always am open minded to new ideas. I also have no problem understanding I am a subordinate to our faction leaders, and rather prefer someone else has the veto/final decision powers anyhow. :D

I am more than willing to reveal to the owner of the website (and our officers) more intimate details of who I am, including facebook address. I also note that my yahoo address is the one I have had for eight or nine years and I use it as my daily/personal email ..it's my only email I use since then and more than likely forever. I mention all this so you wouldn't have to be concerned that I would ruin things and then "cut and run." Also, I am a level headed adult that can take MUCH punishment before I get angry or fly off the handle. I think it's only happened in/out of game 2 times since I started any online gaming these last 2 decades and both those people were hated by hundreds, were reported many times and then banned by game administrators/developers in quick-like fashion.

Here are some of my qualifications...this is where I puff my chest out and spew out my "omg I rock!!" statements. :lol!:

For 9 years I played Everquest and for 5 of those years I was guild leader for a mid-lvl/high lvl mixed casual/raiding guild with over 1000 members with an average online attendance of around 150-200 players at a time and a daily log in of about 500 players at our peak period. I was also a prominent officer of a "veterans of Everquest" casual guild for the last 3 years after that.

The reason I mention that relates to the fact that I ran my own CGI/MYSQL/PHP database for the 5 years while I was a guild leader, doing much of the coding tweaks myself. I'd have to brush up on my PhP skills again of course, but that is easy to do since I have the basic understanding of how it works and this forum is already pre-coded. I am not interested in changing this websites address or major layout at all, I really like the layout of this phpBB that you guys chose. It's really nifty. Very Happy

I know it's not been readily apparent since I've been lazy up to now and ask lots of ingame questions, but I am pretty skilled at finding pertinent information regarding all aspects of online gameplay and just about anything to do with computing. And I am well versed in many aspects involving the internet and computing in general (been using computers since 1980 and daily since 1982.) I've used Tandy, Apples, Macs, Commodore/Amiga, and presently of course IBM compatible since it is more cost effective to maintain/upgrade.

I understand from experience, various aspects that work in MMO gaming websites and how to set up security so we can keep our website from being hacked by novice/intermediate skilled hackers (this i'd have to brush up on as well, once I gather more information about the server database.) Also, as I said before, I noticed that the officer forums are NOT hidden and really should be in my experience. It enables the hardcore members/officers/leaders of Kinetic the ability to speak freely without anyone jumping to conclusions while officers are hashing out new ideas.

I am not requesting that I become an ingame officer/marshall/executor or anything at this time, that is something we'll cover some other day once our friendships/camaraderie matures.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and please feel free to ask any questions in reply here, or PM me personally if you are shy or "embarrassed" to ask questions about anything I said here.

*bows*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 am

Oh, and of course...take your time and discuss it with one another. I'll be around awhile *winks*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:32 am

Update =)

I've been poking around and getting a clearer picture now. Very cool what :queen: Neve's done here. She's got a smart and resourceful head on her shoulders.

I am going to poke around some more and educate myself a bit more while my rugs are drying (doing some rug steam cleaning today.) I'll have a better idea of what questions or "concerns" I had in my previous post are actually pertinent. Also, I'll have a better idea of what availabilities and limitations we have here at the site (well actually 2 sites I see. :joker:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:02 am

I have one request , really simple one to the moderators of the site. Please move my posts to a new appropriate section of the forums. I see no need for me to keep necro'ing (raising it from the dead) this topic about the impact of Neve's present offline status and the question of "what's happening now to keep things running smoothly." It occurred to me that although my comments are related to what was in the last few posts, I am derailing the topic. The OP's (original poster) question has been asked and answered. 8)
Back to top Go down
Thiele
Commissioner
Commissioner
Thiele

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 pm

That was alot to read :shock:

I think it would be great to have more organization Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:32 pm

LoL Thiele, yeah I am blessed/cursed with the ability/aggravation of over explaining myself to be sure I am understood. It's part of who I am and I try to do my best to "read" my audience and give them a fair warning of what they are up against. surrendering
But when I encounter things that feel "important" to me in in life in some way, I throw myself "into the deep end" and I hope I find some kind of support or reactions that help me live on without second guessing myself ;)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:28 am

Swiiss and Loor (or was it Crazed that asked? soo foggy in the brain...I didn't go to bed like I should have.It's 3:30AM-EST now hahaha)::

I am glad you felt secure in mentioning about your worries on my abilities and track record concerning site administration....

"Is Agony all he say's he is with admin abilities...or is he just full of **** and full of himself?" Impact of Neve's leaving Avatar_19296

That is what I have wondered and asked when others offered to help me with my websites over the years and your hope/request for an example of my work is completely understood. One thing you will learn is that I am pathologically honest and straightforward to a fault. I actually prefer folks to do the same.

As I was logging off PWI for the maintenance, it occurred to me that I can just make my own "fakekinetic.co.nr" website that would look exactly like ours here, and give you an exact visual of what I am capable of;also what ideas are swarming in my "manic" brain and dying to get implemented. I'll just use the same 2 webhosting sites that this one utilizes. The only things missing will be all our chatter...I won't bother mirroring all the posts. Not really needed to get the example across lol

Sometime by tomorrow night I'll have it up for your viewing pleasure. ^-^
I miss messing with self admin sites and this gives me an excuse to mess around again.

Then you can feel comfortable making a decision without feeling bad about hurting my feelings. 😢

Just kidding about the feelings, I honestly-totally understand what's "at stake".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impact of Neve's leaving   Impact of Neve's leaving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impact of Neve's leaving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kinetic Forum :: Kinetic Leadership :: Faction Discussion-
Jump to: