Kinetic Forum
Please log in to post on our forum!
Kinetic Forum
Please log in to post on our forum!
Kinetic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go back to main websiteHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Foreign Movies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CrazyToo
Commissioner
Commissioner
CrazyToo

Foreign Movies Empty
PostSubject: Foreign Movies   Foreign Movies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:25 am

Ok so, I'm a huge movie buff but mostly for American films and I was wanting to see if people could maybe recommend any good foreign films......and key word here is Good lol. I love French films but at times they're a lil trippy for me....and lack something like logic, although some are good. Anyways if you have any recommendations leave them here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Swiiss
Marshal
Marshal
Swiiss

Foreign Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Movies   Foreign Movies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:29 am

well...

there's always...

House of the Flying Daggers! (ftw)

:lol:

I'm sure I know a few more too lol, just cant think of them right now =P
Back to top Go down

Foreign Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Movies   Foreign Movies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:29 am

In a way I am cheating..because I saw the American reworked version first and it was awesome. I am definitely NOT an overall foreign movie buff. But, I am sure you agree since u asked, the U.S. does NOT corner the market in talent hehe 8)

The Departed---Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg and quite a few other famous folks.

It is a remake of a fantastic Hong Kong movie called "Infernal Affairs", it starred Andy Lau and Tony Leung.

The story theme and essence is basically the same....but the details are geographically and culturally, quite different.

From my perspective, I would suggest watching the Chinese film first. Personally, I watched em the other way around and I think the American way of "going over the top ...shock and awe" way of entertainment kinda took away a little bit of how well written, filmed, and acted the original was.

I have to say tho, The Departed kicked butt!!!I have enjoyed every movie with them 3 Actors in it.
Back to top Go down
Loor_Lakal
Leader
Leader
Loor_Lakal

Foreign Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Movies   Foreign Movies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:38 pm

ummmm, i don't know many foreign films other than some j-horror and i suggest those over the american versions ☮ i have the whole ringu series and dark water was pretty good :3 theres a bunch out there but i haven't been watching many new movies lately i need to check some out too :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/KalinaSei
Sponsored content

Foreign Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Movies   Foreign Movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foreign Movies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kinetic Forum :: Kinetic Members :: General Chat-
Jump to: